We are looking for an experienced and well-rounded Finance Controller to be part of an energetic team dedicated to improving our highly innovative scientific software and services. This role will be based in Santiago de Compostela and it is an excellent opportunity for a passionate professional willing to reach the next level in his/her career.
You will report directly to the CEO and support him in Treasury and Cash Management, Cash balance forecasting and develop business plans & financial projections. Analysis and support preparation of all recurring finance activities, providing financial analysis to support decision making.
The main responsibility of the Finance Controller is to develop and manage strategies, operations and policies related to the treasury function, including cash management, borrowing, and payment processing. This role will be also responsible to establish relationships with banks, payment gateways and other external funding sources.
- Finding public and private sources of funding.
- Develop business plans including financial projections. Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Participation in the design and implementation of a KPI information system for all areas of the company, operational audits, cost/benefit analysis, information services, document management systems and procedures, reporting and other systems management functions.
- Develop, improve and issue monthly financial records.
- Be the point of contact for any accounting/control related issues and queries.
- Manage the financial close process.
- Act as a key resource provider to the auditors for annual audit and for all the non-trading companies and other financial institutions
- Improve financial status by analysing results; monitoring variances; identifying trends; recommending actions to management.
- Other duties as necessary International start-up specialised in scientific software.
Background and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA/ACCA/MBA or equivalent preferred.
- 8+ years of experience, 3+ in a senior position in an analysis or senior financial accountant’s level, preferably in software companies and/or startup environments.
- Independent worker and analytical thinker with the ability to conduct research, data analysis and resolve complex problems.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- A “hand’s on” business partner attitude is required; who enjoys challenges and thrives in a demanding environment. Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- PC skills with Microsoft products with advanced Excel capabilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluent English level.
- Openwork environment with young, dynamic and outstanding international teams.
- Salary: based on interview, bonuses.
- Real ownership and results.
- And a competitive, friendly, international team!
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org